Due to recent Executive Orders issued by Governor Ron DeSantis mandating that senior citizens and all individuals must remain inside their homes except for essential activities, the Sunshine Bus Company is suspending their normal services effective immediately through April 30.
For those Sunshine Bus riders who require transportation in order to obtain or provide essential services or to conduct essential activities including transportation to essential work, medical appointments, pharmacies and grocery stores, we will continue to provide trips to essential destinations through our door-to-door Paratransit services. Note: Only trips deemed essential will be permissible at this time.
1. To register and arrange for transportation services, please:Call either (904) 209-3716 or (904) 209-3710 to reach Customer Service during normal Sunshine Bus service hours, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
2. Inform customer service that you would like to register for essential services because you are unable to use the Sunshine Bus.
3. If you are not already registered in the system, you will be required to provide the following information:
· First and Last Name
· Date of Birth (DOB)
· Home address
· Contact number
· Mobility aids
4. If you have purchased a Pass from the Sunshine Bus already, please inform customer service so they can waive the on-board fare. Note: the driver will utilize the same process to verify passes as they do for normal Sunshine Bus rides.
5. Customer service will inform you about the available drop-off and pick-up times for your zip code, and confirm the trip(s) with you.