- 2828.April.SundayNo events
- 2929.April.MondayNo events
- 3030.April.TuesdayNease Beachfront Park, 3171 Coastal Highway, Vilano Beach, FLJaws of the Sea• Tuesday, April 30 from 10-11am• Monday, May 6 from 2-3pm• Tuesday, May 7 from 6-7pm• Wednesday, May 15 from 10-11am• Friday, May 17 from 2-3pmWhere: Nease Beachfront Park, 3171 Coastal Highway, Vilano BeachDetails: We’ve partnered with Marineland Dolphin Adventure for an interactive guided beach walk all about sharks. Learn about shark biology, common sharks of our area, and local shark research as well as human and shark encounters. Participants will even get a chance to look for their own shark teeth to take home. Jaws of the Sea Registration. This program is FREE, but you must register on Eventbrite to attend. For more info, contact Kelly Ussia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-209-0335.
- 0101.May.Wednesday175 Landrum Lane, Ponte Vedra, FlPonte Vedra Toastmasters Club #5199 meeting 7:30AM at Players Community Senior Center 175 Landrum LaneIf you need assistance email email@example.com Water Street, Jacksonville, Florida 32204Jacksonville Career FairWednesday May 1st at 10 am!Companies will be hiring for hundreds of jobs in a variety of industries.Our next job fair event will be taking place on Wednesday May 1st, 2019 at The Prime Osborn Convention Center located at 1000 Water Street, Jacksonville, Florida 32204.This is a unique opportunity for job seekers to get guaranteed face time and make personal connections with recruiters and hiring managers from some of Northeast Florida's best companies and organizations.Companies and organizations will be looking to fill "Hundreds of Positions" in a variety of industries. Click on the links below for our current roster of partners who will be recruiting at this event.
- 0202.May.Thursday75 King St, St. Augustine, FL 32084* * *Lecture by Robert Flynn JohnsonThursday, May 2 - 6-8 pmMeet collector and curator Robert Flynn Johnson and hear the fascinating details of building his collection for the making of his Edgar Degas: The Private Impressionist exhibition.During more than 40 years as a professor and curator of collections with the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts and the Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, Mr. Johnson’s passion for collecting works by Degas grew to intriguing heights. Lecture attendees are bound to take pleasure in learning first hand how Degas’ artistic genius first captured Johnson’s attention and of the many adventures while tracking down works on paper by Degas and his circle of artistic colleagues.Tickets are $25 ($20 for Lightner Museum members).Reservations are required.Tickets may be purchased online or by calling 904.824.2874
- 0303.May.FridayNo events
- 0404.May.Saturday11964 Mandarin Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32223Summary: Local artists strive to share their love of nature and the arts by capturing the natural landscape through open air painting.Jacksonville, FL April 27th: a group of local artists will be painting at the Mandarin Garden Club putting their skills to work capturing the beautifulgardens and landscape. First Coast Plein Air painters is a local group of artists whose members are dedicated to capturing the raw landscape in ‘open air’paintings. They paint all over Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. ‘Our goal is to not only share our love of nature through our art but to help andencourage others to participate in the joy of outdoor painting.’ -Marilyn AntramTo accomplish this goal FCPAP artists get together to paint multiple times a month in varying locations around Jacksonville. We also hold a monthlymember meeting where we have demos by local artists, guest speakers, and artist critiques.‘We are always looking for new members to come paint with us. That's why we are here; to support each other and help each other learn more about plein-airlandscape painting’ said FCPAP President Stephen Dunn. Come out and see artists paint plein-air: April 27th from 8am-2pm at the Mandarin Garden Clubs plant sale. May 4th, 5th, and 6th artists will be painting at Walter Jones Historical Park in Mandarin. And At the Mandarin Garden Club on May 4th from 9am-2pm for the 50th anniversary celebration of the nature garden.First Coast Plein-Air Painters is a nonprofit organization based in JacksonvilleFL. We are dedicated to supporting local artists both professional and amateur in their pursuit of ‘open air painting’ education and success.UNF Osprey Student Union, 1 UNF Dr. Jacksonville 32224Hug a Survivor Celebration- UNF Osprey Plaza
Date/Time: Saturday, May 4th from 9:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
Join us on May 4, 2019 for the 5th Annual Hug a Survivor celebration. We invite everyone in the community to join us for this fun, family-friendly and free event to support all fighters and celebrate all survivors with keynote speaker Shannon Miller.UNF Osprey Plaza, 1 UNF Drive Jacksonville Fl 32224POWER- Passionate & Outstanding Women Embracing Resiliency
Date/Time: Saturday, May 4th at 11:00 a.m.
POWER is a unique program offering women the opportunity to support each other throughout their cancer journey. Whether newly diagnosed or a cancer survivor for many years, POWER encourages women with all types of cancer to participate in shared experiences with each other through fun activities offered throughout Jacksonville.