By Melissa Cooper
Before you head to the beach this July, try this easy breakfast the whole family will love. So simple to make even little ones can help prepare it. Pair it with a fresh fruit salad to fill those bellies before a day of fun in the sun.
Sausage Egg Boats
- 4 small baguettes (I found them in the bakery section of the grocery store)
- 1 package of pork breakfast sausage links
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or half & half
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (Any variety of cheese will work)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut and pull out the middle of all four baguettes, leaving half an inch of bread in the bottom and on the sides. Set baguettes aside. Prepare sausage according to package directions. Cut links into bite-size pieces and set aside. In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the eggs and the cream. Whisk in remaining ingredients and sausage. Evenly divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat. Place all four baguettes on a baking sheet and bake for 25 – 28 minutes or until set in the center. Allow boats to cool for 10 minutes, cut and serve.