- 1212.May.Sunday10531 Brightman Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32246Come have fun and support the Nease Media center! This a Mother’s Day treat and a fundraiser for media center to continue providing great events, activities, & author visits.Mother’s Day ExtravanganzaWhen: Sunday, May 12th, 2019 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.Where: 10531 Brightman Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32246The Package: 3 hours of unlimited golfBreakfast buffet $50 per personCome have fun and support the Nease Media center! This a Mother’s Day treat and a fundraiser for media center to continue providing great events, activities, & author visits.(Pay Mrs. Milian with cash or check made payableto NHS)
- 1313.May.MondayAckerman Cancer Center 10881 San Jose Boulevard Jacksonville Fl 32257
Juntos Contra el Cáncer
Date/Time: Monday, May 13th at 5:00 p.m.
Ackerman Cancer Center – Jacksonville, 10881 San Jose Boulevard
Juntos Contra el Cáncer (Together against Cancer) is a program offering support and education for cancer patients and survivors in the Hispanic community of Northeast Florida.100 Corridor Rd. South Suite 2806:00pm at First Atlantic Bank Bldg , 100 Corridor Rd. South Suite 280Limited space RSVP to Karen Feliciano (904) 907-7880Ackerman Cancer Center 10881 San Jose Boulevard Jacksonville 32257
Living with Lung Cancer Support Network
Date/Time: Monday, May 13th at 6:00 p.m.
Ackerman Cancer Center – Jacksonville, 10881 San Jose Boulevard
Living with Lung Cancer Support Network is an educational program for Lung Cancer patients and their caregivers.The program is not only open to cancer patients in Duval County, but aims to be a support network, online and in-person, for anyone in Northeast Florida in need of lung cancer education. To RSVP or for more information, contact Georgia Pennington at (904) 880-5522.
- 1414.May.TuesdayNo events
- 1515.May.WednesdayMain Library Branch and various locations around St. Johns County904 Naturalist Series ~ Exploring the Life of Plants & TreesWhen: May 15, 17, 22, 23, 24, and 29 from 12:30-3:30pmWhere: Main Library Branch and various locations around St. Johns CountyDetails: Learn about the diverse environment that surrounds us and become a 904 Naturalist. There will be four programs with each one comprised of six classes held over three weeks. The fourth and last program is focused on Exploring the Life of Plants & Trees. Participants must be able to attend all six classes. This program is FREE and open to adults ages 18 and up. Life of Plants & Trees Registration. For more info, contact AyoLane Halusky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-209-0348.National Guard Armory 190 San Marco Ave, Saint AugustineT H E L O C A L I M P A C T O F A N A T I O N A L C R I S I S, H O W S T. J O H N S I S R E S P O N D I N G, A N D W H A T W E C A N D O T O G E T H E RA Community Conversation FentanylFood Served at 5:30 PMMAY 15, 2019 | 6 PM - 8 PMNATIONAL GUARD ARMORY190 San Marco Ave, Saint AugustineModerated by:Mike DavisPanelists From:Flager HospitalEPIC Behavioral HealthcareSMA HealthcareSt. Johns County’s School DistrictSt. Johns County’s Sheriff DepartmentThis crisis is a community health emergency in St. Johns County,affecting all ages, cultural backgrounds, income levels and neighborhoods.For more information or questions, please contact Bridget Hennessy at BridgetPact@yahoo.com.Crosswater Hall, 245 Nocatee Center Way, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32081
District 4 Community Meeting – Nocatee
District 4 Commissioner Jeremiah Ray Blocker is hosting a Town Hall Meeting at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15 at Crosswater Hall, 245 Nocatee Center Way. The meeting will provide District 4 residents with the opportunity to receive information regarding County programs and services, public safety, and more. A question and answer session with Commissioner Blocker, County Administrator Michael Wanchick, and a representative from the Sheriff's Office will also be held. The meeting is free and open to the public.
- 1616.May.Thursday50 Executive Way, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082Emmy Award Winning Artist Coming to Ponte Vedra BeachTravels in Light: David Dunlop Exhibition Opening Reception to be Held May 16PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FLORIDA - 5/14/19: Artist David Dunlop, a modern-day old master, will be visiting Ponte Vedra Beach to attend the Opening Reception of a solo exhibition of his works as well as host a sold-out Visiting Master Artist Workshop at The Cultural Center at Ponte Vedra Beach.The exhibition Opening Reception will be held from 6-8pm on Thursday, May 16 at the Cultural Center. Local musician group, Simply Strings, will perform during the opening. This event is free and open to the public though donations are encouraged to support the non-profit arts center and gallery.Titled Travels In Light, this exhibition showcases twenty of Dunlop's luminous oil paintings. Primarily painted onto metal surfaces, each detailed work of art seems to emit a glow. A mixture of natural and urban scenes highlights the range of the painter and is sure to delight visitors of all tastes. The paintings draw from both Renaissance techniques and contemporary science.David Dunlop works as an artist, teacher, lecturer, and Emmy Award winning television host. As the host and writer of the 13-show national PBS television series, Landscapes Through Time with David Dunlop, Dunlop won an Emmy and a CINE Golden Eagle Award in 2009. His paintings have been shown internationally and are held in the collections of major corporations including Aetna Insurance, Citibank, Colgate Palmolive, Delta Airlines, GE Capital Corporation, IBM, Mobil and more.Travels In Light and an exhibition of works by the First Coast Pastel Society will be on display through June 15, 2019. The Cultural Center also features a recently renovated and expanded space that focuses on making locally-made artist and artisan goods available to the public.The Cultural Center at Ponte Vedra Beach is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization whose mission is to bring the arts into the life of the community through arts education, exhibition, and outreach, and by honoring a donor-driven philosophy. The Cultural Center is open to the public, Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm.
- 1717.May.Friday9075 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville Fl 32257"Ask the Expert" about Assisted Living May 17th 3PM-5PMStarling San Jose (904) 510-54829075 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville Fl 32257SJC Pier Pavilion, 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine BeachKid's Beach Yoga• Friday, May 17 from 4-4:45pmWhere: SJC Pier Pavilion, 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine BeachDetails: Learn to relax your mind and body with some simple, kid-friendly stretches, exercises, and activities. Please wear loose clothing and bring your own towel or mat. This program is FREE and open to kids ages 4 to 12. Kids Yoga Details. For more info, contact Kelly Ussia at email@example.com or 904-209-0335.12855 Old St Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32258Holy Spirit Conference on May17-19.. Solid Rock Church Mandarin 12855 Old St Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32258 ph (904) 268-8895 www.src-ministries.orgHosted by Bishop Vernon and Lady Cynthia WalkerGuest Evangelist: Carl & Lady Theresa Brown from Baton Rouge LACome and Experience 3 Days of "The Out Pouring of the Holy Spirit"Friday Night 7:00PMSaturday 10 AMSunday 10 Am
- 1818.May.SaturdayBent Creek Golf Course, 11440 Tournament Lane, Jacksonville, FL 32222Colton’s Heart, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the children of Jacksonville and the Northeast Florida community. Our mission is to provide financial support to families when their child is suddenly faced with a life threatening injury or illness. It is inspired by a boy who even at a young age had a very kind and gentle spirit and loved helping others. With Colton’s tragic loss at just 11 years old, we couldn’t allow his light to go dim. He was an organ donor which included his heart and gave 4 people the gift of life. Just like the boy it’s named after, Colton’s Heart is genuine, gracious and giving. We feel his love all around us – so we joyfully celebrate this unending light through this foundation. We are hosting our 2nd Annual Colton’s Heart Charity Golf Tournament on May 18, 2019 at Bent Creek Golf Club, and we reaching out to our local Jacksonville merchants/businesses/companies to invite you to help support our event. Bent Creek Golf Course, 11440 Tournament Lane, Jacksonville, FL 32222May 18, 2019 Registration Starting Tee Time 8:30 a.m.Entry Fee: $75.00 includes lunch,Range balls (pre-tournament)Register Today:www.ColtonsHeart.org On behalf of the Colton’s Heart Board of Directors, THANK YOU in advance for your support!Schultz Center at 4019 Boulevard Center Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32207
Junior Achievement of North Florida is partnering with Fidelity Investments and Duval County Public Schools’ Parent Academy for the Family Finance and Fun Day on Saturday, May 18 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The day is designed for families to come together for hands-on workshops on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. The event is free and open to parents and children from pre-kindergarten to 12th-grade. Space is limited to 150 families or 550 people and registration is required. Breakfast, snacks, and lunch are included. To register, visit bit.ly/familyfinancefun or call (904) 398-9944 ext. 227 or (904) 390-2960. The event will be held at the Schultz Center at 4019 Boulevard Center Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32207.
The purpose of the day is to bring families together to encourage both adults and children to be wise when making financial choices for the family. The day is comprised of workshops for both adults and kids. Adults can choose between sessions on four topics; budget, credit, saving and investing, and home buying. The children’s sessions will follow the JA curriculum designed for each age group which teaches the students how to apply what they are learning in school to the real world.
Families will also participate together in the Family Finance and Fun Day game show with a chance to win gift cards, baskets and more. Families will receive two free tickets to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Information will be available from local summer camps, the Duval County Schools’ Parents Academy, plus families will be able to find information on banking and investing.Solid Rock Church Mandarin 12855 Old St Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32258Holy Spirit Conference on May17-19.. Solid Rock Church Mandarin 12855 Old St Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32258 ph (904) 268-8895 www.src-ministries.orgHosted by Bishop Vernon and Lady Cynthia WalkerGuest Evangelist: Carl & Lady Theresa Brown from Baton Rouge LACome and Experience 3 Days of "The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit"Friday Night 7:00PMSaturday 10 AMSunday 10 AmBuilding 51 at the University of North Florida, Jacksonville FlArchaeologist to Discuss Florida Mission SystemThe Archaeological Institute of America—Jacksonville Society will meet at noon on May 18, 2019 in Building 51 at the University of North Florida to hear a lecture by Dr. Keith Ashley, aprofessor of archaeology at UNF. The title of the lecture is “Mocama Indians and Spanish Missions: Life Beneath the Bell.” When most people think of Spanish Missions, they think ofCalifornia, New Mexico, or even Texas. What many do not realize is that the Spanish Mission system in Florida occurred earlier and lasted longer than it did in any of those other areas.Among the Mocama-speaking Timucua of northeastern Florida, mission communities existed between 1587 and 1702. This lecture discusses Mocama life under the mission bell, withemphasis on archaeological excavations at San Juan del Puerto and Santa Cruz de Guadalquini in Jacksonville. The lecture is free and open to the public. Complimentary refreshments will beserved afterwards in the Archaeology Lab. On Saturday parking is free, and the faculty/staff/vendor spaces are open to everyone. For more information, contact Melva Price at(904)241-9411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.