- 0909.June.SundayNo events
- 1010.June.Monday50 Executive Way, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082Travels in Light Exhibition on View in Ponte Vedra BeachWorks by Renowned Painter David Dunlop at The Cultural CenterPONTE VEDRA BEACH, FLORIDA - 6/10/19: Stunning paintings by artist David Dunlop, a modern-day old master, are on view and available for purchase in Ponte Vedra Beach at The Cultural Center at Ponte Vedra Beach.This exhibition is free and open to the public, though donations are encouraged to support the nonprofit arts center and gallery.Titled Travels In Light, the exhibition showcases twenty of Dunlop's luminous oil paintings. Primarily painted onto metal surfaces, each detailed work of art seems to emit a soft glow. A mixture of natural and urban scenes highlights the range of the painter and is sure to delight visitors of all tastes. The paintings draw from both Renaissance techniques and contemporary science.David Dunlop works as an artist, teacher, lecturer, and Emmy Award winning television host. As the host and writer of the 13-show national PBS television series, Landscapes Through Time with David Dunlop, Dunlop won an Emmy and a CINE Golden Eagle Award in 2009. His paintings have been shown internationally and are held in the collections of major corporations, including Aetna Insurance, Citibank, Colgate Palmolive, Delta Airlines, GE Capital Corporation, IBM, Mobil, and more.Travels In Light and an exhibition of works by the First Coast Pastel Society will be on display through June 15, 2019. The Cultural Center also features a recently renovated and expanded space that focuses on making locally-made artist and artisan goods available to the public.The Cultural Center at Ponte Vedra Beach is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization whose mission is to bring the arts into the life of the community through arts education, exhibition, and outreach, and by honoring a donor-driven philosophy. The Cultural Center is open to the public, Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm.100 Corridor Rd. South Suite 2806:00pm at First Atlantic Bank Bldg , 100 Corridor Rd. South Suite 280Limited space RSVP to Karen Feliciano (904) 907-7880
- 1111.June.Tuesday4280 Oldfield Crossing Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32223American Legion Mandarin "Fallen Heroes" Post 372 “Office Hours” from 4:30 to 6:00 pm at the Elks Lodge101 Library Blvd. Ponte Vedra, FlSt. Johns County Solid Waste and Recycling Rates WorkshopsSt. Johns County, FL – St. Johns County is hosting a series of public workshops to provide informationregarding proposed recycling and solid waste rate increases. The meetings will allow residents to askquestions and receive material regarding the proposed new rates. Those wishing to participate are invitedto attend any of the following public workshops:• June 11 | 6 to 7:30 p.m. | Ponte Vedra Library, 101 Library Blvd.• June 13 | 6 to 8 p.m. | Hastings Library, 6195 South Main St.• June 18 | 6 to 8 p.m. | St. Johns County Administration, 500 San Sebastian Vw.• June 20 | 6 to 8 p.m. | Southeast Library, 6670 U.S. 1 South.• June 25 | 6 to 8 p.m. | Switzerland Community Church, 2179 State Road 13.A final public hearing regarding the proposed special rate assessment is scheduled for the August 6, 2019Board of County Commissioners regular meeting. For more information, please call 904.827.6980.
- 1212.June.Wednesday11401 Old St. Augustine Rd. Jacksonville FlDementia Support for Caregivers3:30pm at River Garden 11401 Old St. Augustine Rd.75 King St, St. Augustine, FL 32084Viewfinder: Edgar Degas’ Photographic Vision* * *Join Flagler College art history professor Chris Balaschak for a talk exploring the impact of photography on the Impressionists.* * *Wednesday, June 12 - 6:00-7:30 pmAs evidenced in our current exhibition Edgar Degas: The Private Impressionist, Degas regularly took and explored the possibilities offered by this new technology. Professor Balaschak will discuss how Degas and his circle used photography and its influence on their artwork. After the lecture, enjoy a walk through the Degas exhibition.Tickets are $10 ($5 for Museum Members)Reservations are required. Space is limited.
- 1313.June.ThursdayMandarin/St. Johns Elks lodge, 4280 Old St. Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL.General Assembly meets the 2nd Thursday of the month starting at 7:00 PM preceded by a social hour which starts at 6:00 PM. We meet at the Mandarin/St. Johns Elks lodge, 4280 Old St. Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL.Nease Beachfront Park, 3173 Coastal Highway, Vilano Beach, FlBasics in Nature PhotographyWhen: Thursday, June 13Time: 7-8:30pmWhere: Nease Beachfront Park, 3173 Coastal Highway, Vilano BeachDetails: Do you have a nice camera and always leave it on auto? Do you wish you could capture the amazing beauty of the nature around you? Then Basics in Nature Photography is for you. Join local photographer Nicholle Goodnight for a hands-on class to sharpen your photography skills. Participants will need to bring their own camera equipment and be at least 12 years in age. Basics in Nature Photography Registration. This program is free, but you must RSVP on Eventbrite to participate. For more info, contact Kelly Ussia at email@example.com or 904-209-0335.
- 1414.June.FridayNo events
- 1515.June.SaturdayUniversity Of North Florida Adam W Herbert University Center 12000 Alumni Dr. Jacksonville, Fl 32224Military, Veteran & Family Resources ALL UNDER ONE ROOF!Career and Employment Services, Transition and Business Opportunities, Home & Family Services, Information Technology Legal, Financial & Insurance Information, Education and Training, Healthcare, Banking, Logistics and more…Saturday, June 15, 2019 10 am - 3 pmUniversity Of North Florida Adam W Herbert University Center 12000 Alumni Dr. Jacksonville, Fl 32224